Ration card is a very important nationality as well as identity proof. Besides, it also provides the right to purchase goods from rationing shops. A person can apply for a ration card online.
To get a new ration card, the applicant will have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Collect the application form for ration card.
- Forms are available at any office of Food and Civil Supplies department.
- Fill up the form properly.
- Specify properly the name of the state in which you wish to get new ration card.
Now the applicant will have to show/submit all the following documents with Ration Card application form
- Voter identity card.
- A Rs. 2 worth of court fee stamp
- Residential proof
Any one of the following documents may be considered as residential proof
- Receipt of tax payment
- Document of rent agreement
- Gas bill
- Bank passbook
- Electricity bill
- Telephone bill
- Letter mailed by post office in your house
All of the above documents have to submit in jurisdictional range office.
If the applicant wants to get a new ration card in a new area, but have an old one at his/her previous residential place, then the process will be little bit different.
- The applicant will have to submit surrender certificate of previous place.
- The applicant should submit deletion certificate (in case of married person who moved to another place due to marriage.